Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Our (still bare) guestroom

We've already had a total of three sets of visitors since we moved here in our town home six and a half months ago (January 24, 2014.) First, were my in-laws Daddy, Mama, and Cecille last (January 30 - February 20), then Tatay, Tita Che and Ally (June 4-8), and just recently Auntie Ely (August 7-11).

And they of course stayed in our guest room which still looked the same since day 1 haha!


We have three bedrooms in the house so we have a spare room for the guests. Too bad I still wasn't able to fully furnish it. Pregnancy happened, you see.

As of now, the bedroom only has an Ikea bed, side table, and lamp. I originally wanted a 'grander' set of furniture for this room but then my in-laws arrived just six days after me moved in so we had no time to scout for a better bed. We can't let them sleep on the floor, right?

Though very simple, I still like how our guest room turned out. I'm very fond of 'white' furniture nowadays because it gives the illusion of space. Maaliwalas pang tingnan.

I am hoping that we can make a bit of improvement in this room before we accommodate our next visitor/s (which I doubt). I am planning to add curtains, accent chair, wall frames, and a bit of other decorative pieces for it to look homey.

Haha, plans... plans! Andaming plano! I am praying for more energy, enthusiasm, and money! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment