Friday, November 24, 2017

Best Black Friday Deal

Nathan and I are going 'home' in the Philippines this January and I was searching for a perfect gift for my nephew who I haven't seen (except in FB and IG) in more than five years. He'll turn 7 na in April 2018. I know that he's into toy cars / trucks but I still asked his mom if there's any particular toy that he likes. Wala naman daw, basta any toy vehicle will make the little boy happy.

To be honest, mahirap hanapan ng gift ang batang yun because he seem to have everything na naman. Maraming nagi-spoil sa kanya. Kaya challenge talaga na makahanap ng something na mapapa-wow siya.

Anyway, we were at Walmart last Monday (November 20) and I saw this Mack's Mobile Tool Center toy. It's actually big and heavy pero kasya sa balikbayan box. Hmmm, pwede. Bagong labas lang ito kasi noon ko lang nakita. And believe me, kabisado ko lahat ng toys sa Walmart at Toys R Us kasi lagi kaming nandun.

The price was $79.97 (+ 9.59 tax = $89.57 / Php3,600.00 - final price) and it was ok. Mura pa rin kumpara sa mga toys sa Pinas.


We were at Walmart again yesterday and I showed it to Ford. He gave me the go signal to buy it. Sabi ko later na lang, tutal sa January pa naman kami uuwi. Saka baka may makita pa akong iba. Marami kasing new toy releases ngayon kasi nga magpapasko. Pero convinced na rin talaga ako na this is what I want to get for my nephew.

***********

But just tonight, we proceeded to Walmart again after a little black Friday shopping at Guildford Town Centre to buy a blanket for Nathan. Yeah, we are obviously Walmart people, we buy everything we need from Walmart lol.

As expected, the little boy geared us toward the toys section. Bumungad sa akin ito and I couldn't believe it at first. Kaloka, $39.97 na lang siya?!?! Bale $44.77 / Php1,800.00 with tax.


Grabe ang saya ko haha! Imagine saving 50% of what I already conditioned myself to shed off for the toy! Ok talaga dito pag nag-sale haha!

We instantly grabbed one and put it in our cart. Nagcontemplate pa nga ako kung bibilhan ko rin si Nathan, kasi nga sobrang mura na (it looks nicer and pricier in actual ha). But Nathan showed no interest on it eh. And when I told him that he will give it to Kuya Luc as a gift, he excitedly said yes. Walang inggit o question man lang kung bakit wala siya (he's a good boy and inasmuch as he loves receiving gifts, sanay din siyang magbigay kasi talagang tinuturan namin).

Ayan, problem solved na! I got what I wanted at a very reasonable price. Yung natipid ko, I might use na lang in buying other toys/clothes for Kuya Luc kasi nga ang dami-dami naming utang sa kanya. Or pwede kong ibigay ng cash kapag nagkita kami so he could buy what he wants pa.

*************

If there's one thing we learned about toy-buying here in Canada, it's TO WAIT. Tiyak kasi na magse-sale, lalo na yung mga mahal.

No comments:

Post a Comment