Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Guilt-Free Pasta

I cheat when it comes to my diet, but I never cheated with carbs. Takot talaga ako dyan. I still eat a lot of protein because it doesn't raise my blood sugar level pero talagang maingat ako sa carbohydrates. So far, so good. My numbers are now very normal, normal for person without diabetes na nga.

Hencem I haven't eaten pasta since I got diagnosed with diabetes -- except just a few days ago because we found this nuPasta at Save-On-Foods.

Grabe ha, sobrang low calorie naman nito! Twenty-five (25) calories lang per pack! Parang too good to be true haha. (Please go to their website na lang to know why.)


And when we checked the nutrition facts, WALANG CARBS! Whooaaah!

It actually says 6g of carbs but when you deduct 6g of fiber, eh di zero na. I learned from my dietitian dati na kailangan i-deduct ang fiber (which is a type of carbohydrates) from the total carbohydrate count kasi included na yun dun. Our body can't digest fiber so it doesn't affect our blood sugar level.


This nuPasta is already precooked na nga pala. Nakababad ang pasta sa water so you have to rinse it muna bago haluan ng sauce at initin. Mukha siyang konti pero nararamihan na ako sa kanya (o dahil lang nasanay na rin akong konti kumain?). Half lang muna ang kinain ko (I put the other half in the fridge) so bale 12.5 calories lang. Guilt-free talaga.

Picture taken from nupasta.com

Yun nga lang, sagana naman sa protein lol. I deliberately put a lot of meat para nakakabusog. Dinner ko na yan so pasok pa rin sa calorie/carbs meal allowance ko (kasi may carbs din ang sauce di ba).

Taste-wise, parang medyo crunchy siyang kainin pero ok na rin. Daanin na lang sa sauce lol.

*For the sauce, I just used Del Monte Filipino Style Spaghetti Sauce, ground pork, and Purefoods Tender Juicy Hotdogs

Aside from spaghetti, my fettuccini at angel hair variants din sila (and organic and non-organic)

I am not into pasta naman talaga pero I am glad na meron na kaming option ni hubby everytime mag-crave kami. Sadly, my husband was also diagnosed with diabetes last September (waaaah).

One pack of this pasta costs $4.29, ang mahal kung tutuusin. Pero sabi ng ni Ford: "Mahal o patay? Dun na tayo sa mahal." Ang morbid ng reasonig ng asawa ko kaloka. Pero sa totoo lang, ang pricey talagang magpaka-healthy noh?

No comments:

Post a Comment