Wednesday, August 16, 2017

I am sick

I am sick. I haven't been feeling well for a couple of weeks now. I am scared, I can feel that this is something serious.

I actually went to a walk-in doctor already last July 24 for my stomach pain but I was told that I need a family doctor who could request tests for me. He just prescribed antibiotics because I suspected that I had UTI. They didn't even test me for it.

Since then, the state of my stomach has fluctuated. There were days that the pain is manageable, and there were times that I just wanted to die. I was actually hoping to get a Filipino family doctor so I was indecisive to go to the clinic near our place that accepts patients. But because I couldn't take the pain anymore last weekend, I promised myself I'll have myself checked. The hell with my fears, I have to get better.

August 14, 2017 (Monday). Bringing Nathan with me,  went to see the doctor after lunch. I was lucky he had no scheduled appointment that time so he was able to see me immediately.

He asked several questions and briefly examined my side stomach. He then handed me several papers and instructed me to have some blood works and ultrasound done. He also gave me a prescription for acid and gas pain.

I asked the receptionist on where the nearest laboratory is. Hay, I feel like starting all over again. I am already familiar with medical procedures in Edmonton, eto panibago na naman dito sa BC.

There's a lab at the back of Sheraton Hotel daw so I googled it if it's walkable. I wanted to finish my blood works as soon as possible. It was only a 13-minute walk (1.3km) daw so off we went.

It was sunny (but thankfully not that hot). While walking (and pushing the stroller), a lot of mixed thoughts have run in my mind.


Mamamatay na ba ako? Kawawa naman ang anak ko, ang liit pa niya.

Paano pag ooperahan ako? Paano na kami? Sino na mag-aalaga kay Nathan? Kelangan ko sigurong umuwi sa Pinas pag ganun.

Kawawa naman ako, naglalakad ako. Eh me sasakyan at nakakadrive ako sa Pinas. Hindi ako maglalakad sa initan doon.

Ano nga ba ginagawa ko dito sa Canada? Ba't nga ba ako napunta dito?

Sayang, sana nasa Edmonton na lang kami. Marami akong kaibigan doon na dadamay sa akin. 

Tsk, tutusukin na naman ako. Ang sakit nun. Di talaga ako masasanay sa tusok tusok na yan.

Sana Pinoy na lang ang doktor ko para mas ma-explain ko sa kanya ang dinaramdam ko.

Tiyak mahaba ang wait time sa ultrasound. Tsk, kung nasa Pinas ako tapos na agad ito at alam ko na agad ang results kasi nga Radiologist mismo ang pinsan ko. Siya na ang magu-ultrasound sa akin.

"Libre" nga ang health care dito sa Canada kaso pahirapan naman. Paras mas ok pa rin magkasakit sa Pilipinas kapag me pera ka.

Gusto kong umuwi sa Pilipinas. Gusto kong makasama ang Nanay ko.


I received a call from the doctor's office this morning. They now have my lab tests results and the doctors want to see me. I am going there in an hour.

I am so nervous. It's good that my good friends in Edmonton (Mylene and Joy) are cheering me up.

My ultrasound schedule is on September 9 pa. Ang tagal pa. :(


2 comments:

  1. Hi Ces! Silent reader here. Keeping you in my thoughts. Wishing you well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Super duper thank you for this, I really appreciate it! Gumaan ang pakiramdam ko nang mabasa ko ang comment mo (seriously). Salamat talaga ha.=)

      Delete