Friday, January 16, 2015

Our 2014 Christmas Tree

I know we're already half way of January but I still have a lot of holiday posts so please bear with me.

For now, let me show you our 2014 Christmas tree...


Because of my post-CS condition, I was only able to decorate it on December 12. "Too late" in Filipino standards, I know. I have to admit that because I was in pain, I was tempted to let go of the holiday trimmings last year (haha sounds so long ago but it was only last month!). But it was my son's first Christmas so I felt that I owe him a tree.

Our tree looked so 'feminine,' do you agree? It's because I bought the decors last December 26, 2013 pa, during boxing day. I wasn't pregnant yet that time so I visualized a sophisticated tree haha!

Most of the tree ornaments were from Michaels and Walmart. It was difficult finding the "right" tree topper so I settled muna with a star from Dollarama. The blue balls were also from that dollar store.

In addition, I put up two special palawit:

This one is for our dear Chicklet...



And this to commemorate our first Christmas here in Casa Blanco (I also bought this last 2013).


Here's the day and night time look...


I honestly loved our tree. It was my first time to have a non-traditional tree (i.e. red-and-gold theme) and I was so happy it still turned out beautiful.

But would you believe that our artificial tree only costs $11+ (or less than Php500). We chanced upon it at XS Cargo's closing sale. It was the last stock left and its box was ripped. We weren't sure if the whole set is complete but we took the risk and bought it. Sabi nga ng asawa ko: "Haler, it's only $11! Kung kulang man, hindi na masakit sa dibdib." 

I am planning for a kiddie-themed Christmas tree this year. Para bagay naman kay Chicklet. But I might use a different tree, a smaller one that we can place by the table para hindi maabot ni Nathan. Our son will already be one year old come December 2015 so for sure he's into walking and grabbing things mode na.  Haha, sana lang may budget! =)


No comments:

Post a Comment