Sunday, November 2, 2014

Our Halloween 2014

Not an exciting Halloween, I am telling you now lol!

As I have mentioned in this post, Halloween excites me. But that excitement was cut short because I am pregnant and due to give birth this November. Hence, I don't have the energy and the funds to go all the way this year.

But not to let the spirit of Halloween down, I put up a tiny spot by our console table to 'celebrate' this event.

I realized though that I only had kawaii decors and not the freaky ones haha!


And mind you, they are cheap!
  • Dancing/Singing Mummy -- bought at Hallmark WEM at 50% off ($8 + 5% tax)
  • Hello Kitty -- bought at Papyrus City Centre last year at 75% off ($2.60)
  • Purple Bear -- bought at Dollarama for $3
  • Green Witch -- bought at Dollar tree for $1.25
  • Ceramic Pumpkin Key Holder -- bought at Michaels

Now that Halloween is over, I am hoping to score more discounted Halloween items in stores. Wish me luck.

Oops, I remembering buying so many Halloween paper plates, napkins, table mats, etc. but i wasn't able to use them. Di bale, next year na lang.


-------

Rain started to pour in the afternoon of Halloween so I was disheartened. Tsk, lalong walang pupuntang bata para magtrick-or-treat, I told myself. The location of our house is not strategic enough for trick-or-treaters, lalo na siyempre kapag umuulan at malamig.

Still, we turned our porch lights on with the hope na may maligaw na bata.


We had an early dinner and at 6:36pm, I was already willing to go up to our bedroom to rest when suddenly we heard some kids' voices.

POD -- O ayan, may mga darating na.

Then the doorbell rang.

I was so happy! I asked the husband to give treats to the kids while I excitedly unpacked the other candies that we bought.


I put the candies in a bin (bought at Dollar Tree) and placed it near our front door for the next batch of kids. I did not unbox the Mini Chips Ahoy! yet, later na lang kako kapag nagkaubusan na.

Now what to do with these?
Kaso wala ng sumunod na nagpunta kaloka!

POD -- Buti nga di ka na-zero noh.

Kaloka, I was exchanging FB messages with my friends Cecil and Joy at marami na silang napamigay. Nainggit ako! Haha, it was so pathetic of me to "beg" for the visit trick-or-treaters. Pero ang sarap kasing makakita ng kids in costume at masarap din magbigay.

In my disappointment, napakain tuloy ako ng isang mini KitKat Bar. Cheat day, tutal Halloween naman.


My original back-up plan kung wala talagang pupunta sa area namin was to stroll around our community na lang and observe the kids. But since it was a cold and wet night, hindi na rin natuloy.

I wanted to go West Edmonton Mall din sana for the "largest indoor trick or treat festival" but my in-laws are here at nakakahiya namang iwanan. Saka di pa nga ako sure kung may pupunta bang kids sa bahay namin o wala.


Oh well, at least now I know. I don't think I'd be preparing candies pa for treats next year. I'd just dress my son up at kami na lang ang magtitrick-or-treat. We'd probably join some of our kids' friends para masaya.


No comments:

Post a Comment