Monday, October 6, 2014

Remote meet-up with my girls

I "left" my four girls when I immigrated here in Canada. We've been together since college and I've become so dependent on them for the most part of my adult life. Yes, we are the 'Sex and the City' girls-like, in its truest sense. We would always meet-up, dine, and talk about life, love, and relationships. They are my sisters from different mothers. I truly miss them.

We are now in our mid-30s and things have changed. Two of us have gotten married, one became a single mom, and the other two are still enjoying their single life. Raxie and I went abroad (she's been working in Kuala Lumpur since 2007) while the rest are in Pinas. Different fates, I tell you, but we've remained loyal to each other. We may have become occupied with our respective daily toils but the friendship and the 'time for the girls' will always be there.

Last September 20, S014 - Saturday at 9pm, (September 21, 2014 - Sunday at 11am in the Philippines and Malaysia) we all agreed to an online meet-up. Because I am pregnant, they adjusted on my available time. The Pinas girls went to Buffet 101 in Libis for lunch while me and Raxie were at home. We used Hangouts as our medium.

The remote meet-up was so fun! I haven't talked to the three Pinay girls in 'web cam' for a very long time so I missed seeing them 'in action.' They are not very techie eh haha, we would only just communicate through our Facebook group. It is only Raxie who I often talk to in Facetime.

Lalin and Mitch


Atty. Mels


Queen Raxie


My girls

Picture courtesy of Raxie

I hope we could do this more often. As adults, we have more responsibilities now so scheduling a common free time could be a bit of a challenge. But if there's a will, there's a way right?

I love you, my girls! Cheers to a lasting friendship!

---------------------------------------------

Oops, before I forget, I would like to congratulate my Parang Mels and her husband Wahid because she told us two days ago that she is pregnant again! Haha, we were shocked! She's just given birth to her second son last November 30, 2013 eh. Oh well, a baby is always a blessing! Yebaah, kuya na rin si Chicklet! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment