Monday, October 13, 2014

Our Thanksgiving Day 2014

Hurray for the long weekend! At last, I was able to spend the past three days with my husband.

Thanksgiving Day in Canada is officially on the second Monday of October (so this year it fell on October 12) but Canadians can celebrate it in any day of the long weekend. I've noticed (in my Facebook contacts haha!) that just like us, many preferred to do the special dinner thing on Sunday para walang pasok kinabukasan. Makes sense, right?

Anyway,  before I proceed, let me post this Thanksgiving "wefie" of me and Baby Chicklet . He's 35 weeks and 3 days as of yesterday (October 12).


I was actually too lazy to prepare a Thanksgiving dinner but I realized that we have to at least do something special this weekend to commemorate a special holiday. It's my first experience of Canadian Thanksgiving, after all. Also, we have so many things to be grateful for this year. Aside from finally having our own house, we are about to meet our Little Chicklet soon! Now isn't that life's greatest blessing?

I couldn't cook anymore (not that I really cook lol!) so I asked Pod if we could have some steak na lang. Celebrations mean steak for me eh hehe. Then I also instructed him to buy some vegetables and another dish at T&T para may pandagdag.

I was surprised when he came home with this turkey breast. Haha, oo nga naman. Dapat may turkey kasi Thanksgiving!


Thanksgiving Day has to be celebrated with family so we invited Ate June (our only family here) a few days ago to join us. Too bad she has work yesterday.

And so it was just the two of us who feasted on this humble dinner. I regret not being able to buy autumn flowers, candles, placemats, napkins, etc. Wala tuloy kadecor-decor. Di bale, next year talaga babawi ako. I want all occasions to be special eh.

Turkey Breast, Tofu, Mixed Vegetables, Campbell Noodle Soup, Brown Rice, and Steak

Please don't look for any dessert as I am not allowed to eat sweets. Damn you, Gestational Diabetes!

It was the first time we celebrated Thanksgiving together. At extra na si Chicklet! Ang saya!


I am so thankful to this man. He may look like a hoodlum because of his long hair and beard (grrr!) but believe me, he's the kindest, gentlest husband in the world.


I am indeed a lucky wifey!



Happy Thanksgiving, Canada!



No comments:

Post a Comment