Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Hope in a cup cake

When Ford went back to the Philippines last May to attend his grandmother's burial, one of the requests I made to my Mamoosh to send me back here was pack of Lemon Square cheese cup cake. I am a sucker for cup cakes but unfortunately, wala dito nitong gusto ko. Yung Regent brand lang ang meron, yung custard cake with different flavors (na hindi ko naman type).

And then two weeks ago, I spotted these familiar yellow-packaged goodies at T&T Supermarket WEM. I was so thrilled that I couldn't help but utter: "Wow, may Lemon Square na sila dito! Yes! I'm so happy!" As usual, the hubby was dedma. He's not as passionate as me when it comes to Filipino products. He's been living in North America since 2001 and he has no attachment on these things. He will never understand my excitement.


It's actually not the cup cake per se that I am excited about. You see, every time a new Filipino product comes here, I am becoming more hopeful. Hopeful that in the next few years, all those items/foods that I love in Pinas will soon be readily available here. Iwas-homesick kasi yun. When you're living abroad, kung pwede lang that you bring every piece of "home"with you, right?

We are lucky because in this day and age of globalization, hindi na rin masyadong deprived ng familiar foods ang mga immigrants. But still, I would want to see Jollibee and Purefoods Tender Juicy Hotdogs here in Edmonton. When that happens, I'd be at peace na haha!



I've been on a zero-sweet diet since August because of my gestational diabetes but I couldn't refuse this one. Grabe, ang sarap! After I give birth, kakain ako nito araw-araw! 


I wish many Filipinos here patronize these products so they can continue importing. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment