Thursday, October 9, 2014

Halloween dilemma

This will be my very first Halloween here in Canada and I WAS originally very excited. You see, next to Christmas, this is one event I really look forward to every year. I don't know, but I really am drawn to everything freaky and spooky haha!


Though Trick or Treating has become a trend na rin in Pinas for the last few years, experiencing it first hand in North America will be cool, I told myself. I wanted to decorate our house a bit and prepare some candies for children in costumes who would hopefully knock on our door.


But then it caught me, what if I give birth before or during Halloween? All my preparations will be put into waste especially if I am still in the hospital.

I am due to give birth on November 14 (or 9 according to my recent ultrasound tests) but we can really never tell on when the baby chooses to come out. I am already 37 weeks (the baby is already in full term) by October 23 and he'll be ready to see the world by then.

But my greatest fear as of now is giving birth on October 31, November 1 or 2. I want my Chicklet to have his own special day and I won't forgive myself if later on he'll be teased at for having All Souls Day as his natal day. That will be so cruel so I'll do everything in my power to avoid these three dates.

Another dilemma -- just in case I give birth before Halloween, what about Chicklet's first ever costume? He's got to have one even if he's only a few days old! That's what good mommies do, dress up their children for every milestone and occasion.

I am actually tempted to buy a cute outfit for him now but I know that's not practical. Hay!


I've alteady gone into conclusion that my Halloween 2014 will not be as fun as anticipated it to be. Aside from my issues, the aches and pains that I am experiencing now that I am on my last weeks of pregnancy overwhelms my desire to celebrate this day. I also admit to not having a budget anymore for nice Halloween decors because we've already spent all our money on Chicklet lol!

Oh well, there's always the next year. Chicklet will be one year old that time so it will definitely be awesome!


No comments:

Post a Comment