Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Goodbye, Amang. =(

A very sad news woke me up this morning. My paternal grandfather, AMANG as we all call him, passed away just a few hours ago.

Kuya, Amang, and Me (Father's Day 2013)
I knew it's bound to happen, but still no amount of emotional preparation can spare you from the pain of losing your last surviving grandparent. I last saw him almost a year ago, before I left for Canada. How I wish inantay niya akong makauwi.

I feel so helpless. I want to go home to pay my last respects but it's impossible since I am about to give birth already. But if there's any consolation, at least some of my titas and titos were there during his last days.

We love you, Amang. We will truly miss you. Enjoy your journey to heaven. And please say hello to Inang for us. =(



No comments:

Post a Comment