Wednesday, October 8, 2014

And they visited us for 15 hours!

My cousin Sarah (aka Cha) sort of 'promised' me a few months ago that she would come visit me here in Edmonton. She's Illinois-based and working in an airlines company that gives free plane rides to its employees as part of the benefit package.

Last September 22 (Monday), she messaged me on Facebook and asked if we are available on September 25 (Thursday) because she might come already - and she's bringing along her parents Tito Ric and Tita Lita. I was shocked when she told me that they'd only stay here for a couple of hours. They'll be arriving Thursday afternoon and leaving early Friday morning!

I haggled and asked her if they could stay a bit longer. Subok lang muna daw kasi day off niya. They can't extend until the weekend because flights by then would be fully booked. Alrighty, a few hours with them is better than none at all!

Ford had to take a half day off that Thursday because we were picking them at 2pm.

It was my first time to be at Edmonton airport again after my arrival here in November 2013. I couldn't help but wish that it is me who'll "use" the airport (i.e. in going home to the Philippines).

Anyway, we parked our car and saw them just a few minutes after. I was so happy to see them!


I asked them if they would like to have late lunch. They said they ate at around 10am and would just want to try Tim Hortons for 'merienda.' Tita Che, our Vancouver-based aunt, vacationed with them last July and she kept on mentioning Tim Hortons so they became curious. It wasn't their first time in Canada but they haven't tasted Tim Hortons coffee yet.

Cha and a fellow-Bulakenyo Barista haha!


I am glad they liked Tim Hortons! They are from the beautiful Chicago area and I was afraid I could not offer them anything interesting here in Edmonton haha!


They even bought a lot of Take Home Tim Hortons Coffee as pasalubong for their friends!


It felt surreal, having them here in Edmonton (albeit for only a few hours!).


Because of limited time, we already toured them around, specifically in the downtown area, before going home. I kept on telling them that Edmonton is "boring" but booming lol!

We stayed at home to show them our humble abode and rest a bit. I am glad they liked our house.

At around 6pm, we were all starving so we headed to Max's Restaurant (they know I don't cook!). Again, I was grateful because there is no Max's in Illinois. At least we were able to feed them something that they miss.

We ordered Fried Chicken, Bangus Sinigang, Sizzling Tofu, Sizzling Pork Sisig, and Pancit Palabok. They enjoyed the food, so they said.


It's happy to be with happy people!


Cha requested for a Tim Hortons coffee again after dinner. We went home after and spent the rest of night with lots of chikahan.

We just stayed in the living room because they refused to use the guest room na.


I almost didn't sleep. At 4pm, I started making breakfast for them - just bacon and eggs.

And then they left at 5am. It was only Ford who dropped them at the airport because I needed a bit of rest for my ultrasound at 9am.


And that was it. They were here for merely 15 hours! It was really "bitin" but I am grateful because they took time to visit us before I give birth. I wish they could come back again.

Thanks so much, Tito Ric, Tita Litz, and Ate Chanitz! Salamat din sa pasalubong! =)



No comments:

Post a Comment