Monday, January 13, 2014

Mr. & Mrs. Blanco, Year 2

Our second year wedding anniversary celebration was quite modest as compared to last year (we went to Taiwan for 4 days) but it's nevertheless as memorable. We are now together here in Edmonton and we are grateful.


Inasmuch as we want to travel, we are preparing for something big in less than two weeks so we opted to save our energy and resources for that.

Our anniversary this 2014 fell on a weekend and we were glad that we had lots of time to spend together (sabagay, palagi naman!). To be honest, I was quite unsure on what date to celebrate our anniversary with. The Philippines is 15 hours ahead than Edmonton and we got married there, hence my inclination to celebrate on Philippine time. But of course, we now live in Edmonton so we have to also 'respect' the date and time here. Oh well, sige na nga... isang mahabang selebrasyon na lang!

We spent the Saturday eating out, malling, meeting up with a friend, and video chatting with our BFF Raxie. It was a fun day.

And on Sunday, kaming dalawang lang. We woke up late and we were starving so we went to Pinoy Grill for a cheap Filipino lunch buffet. We went home after visiting a furniture shop and slept again.

In the evening, we headed South for our anniversary dinner.

Ford has always been curious about State & Main (located in Southgate Mall) so we wanted to give it a try. He's read so many good reviews daw. Also, we are steak lovers so all important occasions in our lives must be graced by presence of some steak lol!

We always choose different entrees and we share.

The Empire State

Kansas City Back Ribs
We are happy that the food and service were good. We liked the atmosphere too. Thankfully I had the guts to ask our server to transfer us to another table. We were originally seated in a not-so-nice area of the restaurant and I wasn't comfortable. It felt like we were isolated. When you dine in a restaurant, you also pay for the ambiance so you better assert your rights.

One of the things I've noticed here in Edmonton is that very few people are taking pictures. When I asked a server to take our picture, he was a bit surprised. In the Philippines, all waiters and waitresses are used to requests of diners to take their pictures.

This was our one and only decent picture of the night. State & Main is a bar so medyo madilim.


I asked Ford to pose for me outside. Kaloka, parang walang katao-tao noh? And it was only 8pm!


After dinner, where else would we go but Starbucks?


I promised myself that we will have a yearly cake to commemorate our anniversary but I wasn't able to plan it well this year. Lipat-bahay mode na kasi ako kaya nakalimutan ko talaga. Si Ford pa ang nag-remind sa akin.

We dropped by Saved-on-Foods to buy a small cake but we ended up buying chocolate cupcakes na lang. Sayang kasi ang cake, walang kakain. Ford and I are not into those types of sweets eh. Ironic, I know. I love looking at cakes but I don't like eating them.


And so just like that, January 12 is now officially over. Ahh, I still couldn't believe it na nakadalawang-taon na kami!

I am blessed to have a very good, responsible, and gentle husband. I couldn't ask for more.

Cheers to our two years!


No comments:

Post a Comment