Thursday, December 12, 2013

Thursdate with Ate June (XS Cargo + Boston Pizza)

November 28, 2013 (Thursday). A few days before the Black Friday Sale, Ate June texted Ford and asked him if we are available that coming Thursday. She said she wanted to buy something at XS cargo and so that we can meet na rin. I haven't seen her yet since I arrived last November 6 eh.

By the way, Ate June si Ford's distant cousin who's working as an LPN in St. Albert. I think she came here a year before Ford and it was only in 2011 when they learned of each other's existence here in Edmonton. Ford learned from his aunt that Ate June is also working in Alberta. Ford called Ate June and they met. Since then, they became food buddies. Ford never went out with anybody else except her lol!

Since Ate June doesn't know how to drive, we had to pick her up. But the last minute I told Ford to drop me off already at XS Cargo (which was on the way to St. Albert) so I can do some shopping ahead haha!


But that was a mistake. I was surprised to discover that that shop wasn't that big and there weren't many shoppers. Akala ko pa naman sangkatutak ang mga tao at naga-agawan sa sale items lol!


I think XS Cargo sells surplus items / old stocks at cheaper prices syempre.


I was able to see the whole place in five minutes. I got so bored waiting for Ford and Ate June! #atatkasi


I suddenly missed my nephew Lucio when I saw these toys. I haven't seen him in a year. He must be a big boy by now. =(


I easily found our target. We saw this Cuisinart cookware set from XS Cargo's online flyer and it was kinda a good deal. We bought it for $49.95 + 5% tax. The original price I think was $149 something.

Ford is being so maarte about our future house. He wants everything in it to be 'branded' daw haha!


There, we just bought the cookware set and one small chopping board.


They brought Ate June's car. The irony is that she has a brand new car but she doesn't know how to drive! Living alone, she has so much money to spend haha!


We couldn't figure out where to eat. I told Pod I don't like Pinoy food anymore. I am not a fan of Japanese or Vietnamese cuisine and buffet is not sulit for Ate June (she eats so little) so we ended up at Boston Pizza. It was my first time there.


Here's what we ordered...


Now this is Busog-Lusog Trio Version 2.0 (Bimbim-PodPod-June). The orig version is Bimbim-SanDoc-Cricket (which is Pinas-based hehe!).


The food was ok (I am not good in describing food haha!) . I honestly think that eating in sit-down restaurants here in Edmonton is more sulit than in fast food chains or food courts.

Ate June could pass as my "daughter" haha!



No comments:

Post a Comment